CCTV (closed circuit television) is a valuable security measure that can provide 24/7 monitoring and recording of your surroundings. Not only does it record potential criminal activity, but it also deters criminal and antisocial behaviour simply through its presence.
This article will guide you through the pre-installation process for CCTV, explaining everything you need to know before installation day. For personalised advice, call the ai security team today.
- Assess Need for CCTV
The first step in the CCTV installation process is identifying the need for a system. If you don’t have a system, here’s five reasons why you should:
- Visible CCTV systems act as a deterrent to crimes and malpractices from both within the organisation and from external criminals, burglars and vandals.
- Should any criminal activity occur, CCTV systems are an invaluable resource to assist in tracking criminals down.
- As CCTV is on at all times, the system can be monitored constantly or at sensitive times so that any unauthorised activity can be identified and responded to. If necessary, an alarm can be immediately activated, and the relevant authorities notified.
- CCTV systems maintain records so you can go back to an event or activity after a period-of-time to view exactly what occurred.
- CCTV can be installed in as many or as few areas as needed and be positioned to capture images from the most high-risk areas.
If you already have a CCTV system, use our Review Checklist to determine whether you could benefit from an upgrade- Access it Here.
- Site Survey
Once you’ve identified a need for CCTV installation, call the ai security team to book your on-site survey. One of our security professionals will inspect your property and determine the best CCTV system to suit your needs. This enables them to quote your installation and teach you more about modern CCTV systems and their capabilities.
An on-site inspection considers important components, including:
- How many cameras you need?
- Where the equipment will be located?
- Where will the cameras be located?
- Will the installation require additional equipment?
- How can we maximise the coverage and accessibility of the cameras?
- Sign Your Contract and Prepare for Installation
Once you’ve signed a CCTV contract, it’s time to prepare for installation. We work with commercial clients including schools, government businesses, medical centres, small businesses and more. As these sites are often full of people and bustling with activity, we work with our clients to identify an ideal time for installation with minimal interruptions.
The size of your system influences the time it takes to install your CCTV system. A typical installation can take anywhere from half a day to two days. During installation, we’ll complete everything including camera installation, wiring, equipment installation, and testing. Upon completion, your CCTV will be set up, functional, and monitoring your surroundings.
Start the CCTV Installation Process – Call ai security Today!
If you are ready to install a CCTV system at your premises, call the ai security team. We’ll complete a comprehensive assessment and quote to start the process.
|Ask About Our Flexible Payment Options If you’re interested, don’t forget to ask about our attractive payment terms and flexible payment options for major security installations.||Our Security Maintenance Special Offer Get a FREE first site visit when you sign up for a 12-month maintenance package! Learn more on our recent security maintenance article.|